About Meopham
Meopham Windmill

Nurstead Court

Drinking Fountain
Old Vicarage

Basque Cottage

Cottage Pump
Meopham is the longest village in England and is a large rural Parish with a population of approximately 9500 residing in an area of eight and a half square miles. The centre is just five miles south of Gravesend and the River Thames.

The Parish of Meopham has four main greens - Culverstone Green, Harvel Green, Hook Green and Meopham Green - and it is on the last of these that cricket has been played since 1778. It is overlooked by The Cricketers Inn, one of Meopham's well known public houses and also by the Windmill, built by the Killick Brothers in 1801 and now the headquarters of the Parish Council. Visits to the Windmill can be made in the summer months by arrangement with the Windmill Trust.

Nurstead, to the north, used once to be an independent parish, but is now part of Meopham. There is a small 14th century church there, dedicated to St Mildred and opposite the church is Nurstead Court, one of the most famous small medieval houses in the country.

The four villages that comprise the Parish of Meopham (Hook Green, Meopham Green, Culverstone and Harvel) possess a wealth of historic buildings, a host of village greens and a Country Park with well documented footpaths, bridleways and byways which traverse miles of attractive landscapes and open country.